Advertise your business on the Roselands busiest website. Reach thousands of potential customers. more details..
Portholland on the Roseland Peninsula is made up of two small hamlets, East and West Portholland. The little village is home to a total of about forty permanent residents. Located on two coves, Portholland and all the properties therein is owned by the Caerhayes Castle Estate.
The Caerhayes Castle Estate is home of the Trevanion family which had been in the area for centuries.
The estate was sold in 1860 to one of the established families in the area, the Williams’. The new owners did their best to keep the area a working farm-centred community that was away from the modern life and its haste. Caerhays Castle can be found in a sheltered valley that overlooks Porthluney Cove on the South Cornish Coast and not far from Truro and St Austell. Porthollland has a clutch of self catering cottages, though there are no shops or facilities.
Portholland, East and West, has been declared a National heritage Asset. The areas around Portholland are virtually unchanged for well over one hundred years and this is part of what attracts the tourists from around the world that go there. This hamlet on the Roseland Peninsula, where time seems to have stood still, is very different when compared with the developments in housing that continue to take place in many of the other similar fishing vilages that litter the South coast of Cornwall.